Thursday, January 17, 2008

You Mean I Actually Have To GO To The Gym?!

Just having a membership won't do the trick? Dang it!!

Okay, I'm actually not that stupid, but if you were judging by my behavior over the past year, you may believe I actually think that way.

My hubby (M.) and I have been members of Gold's Gym for just over a year now, and we may as well have been flushing our money down the toilet. But we've committed to making a real change. And I'm actually quite proud of us!

I think I've even gotten over that hump--the hump that separates absolutely hating the gym and somewhat enjoying the gym. Now don't get me wrong...it's not like I love it. At least not yet. But I'm excited about getting thin, so I'm motivated. In fact, tonight when M. suggested that we get ready for the gym, I think I only whimpered once! Now THAT'S progress!!

3 comments:

Jean said...

Sounds like progress to me! You go, Girl.

The Fat Foreigner said...

ha! This made me laugh because I'm exactly the same way. I think if I amass enough exercise dvds and enough language books I will eventually get the benefit through osmosis or something.

Chubby Chick said...

I had a gym membership once. I went about 5 times. I am so pathetic. lol I think everybody's done that though.

But congrats to you for going with hubby! That is fantastic! Break the cycle for all of us! hehe