Tuesday, January 22, 2008

It's A Slippery Slope

I learned a lesson about myself this past weekend. I can't cheat...not even a little bit.

Saturday morning, M. and I went to our favorite Mexican hole-in-the-wall for a breakfast burrito (our Saturday morning tradition). I got my usual burrito and a Dr. Pepper, with the intention that I would eat great the rest of the day.

But drinking that Dr. Pepper did me in. When it comes to sweets, I'm an addict! I get a little, and rather than satisfying my craving, it makes me crave more...and more....and more!

Needless to say, the rest of the weekend was a downhill slide. I hate that. In two days, I undid everything I had worked hard for the previous week.

That's okay, though. It was a lesson learned, and I pick up and go on from here. I won't be making that mistake again. For the next four weeks, I have to be hard core!!!

1 comment:

Jayla said...

I find that saying things like "I am on a diet" makes it 1) harder to stay on my diet and 2) less likely that I'll commit to it.

Instead, I decided "I am going to be a vegetarien."

Somehow I'm sticking to this and not dieting? It's weird, but I eat healthier now.